Virginia Beach Antiques Show
46th Virginia Beach Antiques Show
Dates: August 8-10, 2014
Hours: Friday & Saturday 10:00 - 6:00, Sunday Noon-5:00
Location: Virginia Beach Convention Center, 1000 19th St., Virginia Beach, VA 23451.
Virginia Beach Convention Center Map and Directions
Admission: $7.00 for adults (children 12 & under free) One admission covers all three days. Plenty of free parking. ATM on premises. Sign up for a $1 off coupon.
Dealer List: 2013 Dealer List
Please be sure to check out this year's sponsors:
Southern Hospitality Auto Group Southern Auto Group, Virginia's Auto Group for Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, FIAT, GMC, Kia, Volkswagen, Lincoln, Mercury and used cars. Our dealerships serve the regions of Chesapeake, Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
Alive Chiropractic - Alive Chiropractic's Virginia Beach office is dedicated to the health and wellness of your entire family. They pride themselves in giving you the best chiropractic care in the state. Their patients choose the Virginia Beach chiropractic treatment clinic because they want a natural approach to better health and wellness. Their Virginia Beach office enjoys high levels of patient satisfaction because we thoroughly explain everything and get results. They always offer high quality wellness care. ..but don’t take our word for it, as you try to find your chiropractor, stop by the office and find out for yourself! Remember that your body is able to heal itself when there is no nerve interference.
The Virginia Beach Antiques Show has been the largest and highest-quality antiques show in Hampton Roads for over 40 years. This once a year event is one of the oldest and most respected antique shows in the country and features over 100 dealers from 22 states and Canada. Diversity and quality are the foundation of this event.
This show always draws serious antique collectors, interior designers and avid home decorators looking for a diverse and interesting selection of genuine antiques. Extensive collections of fine period furniture, silver, porcelains, Oriental and Persian rugs, art glass, vintage linens, garden elements, Americana, antique prints, old chandeliers, primitives, books, original fine art and more will be featured in this years prestigious event. Top quality American, French, Italian and Asian antiques will be represented. And for those with an eye for finely appointed jewelry at moderate prices, the show is particularly renowned for its extraordinary good buys in fine estate jewelry.
Returning This Year! Vintage Alley
After a very successful debut last year, Vintage Alley will return this year. Vintage Alley is a special section dedicated to dealers of authentic vintage, architectural salvage, Mid Century Modern or Danish Modern merchandise will be featured in our new Vintage Alley as part of the 46th Annual Virginia Beach Antique Show. In addition, a handful of reclaimed and assemblage artists working with mix media vintage findings who create functional artworks or home furnishings will be exhibiting in this area!
Browse through industrial salvage materials to make your own up-cycled home goods or look through numerous booths to find spiffy 1950's and 60's merchandise ripe for the picking!
This is great opportunity for those looking to retro-fit their home with statement pieces to create your own “Mad Men” style!
Vintage, Retro, Mid-century or Industrial – they will all be showcased along Vintage Alley – come check it out!
If you are a dealer in Vintage, Mid-century modern, Danish modern or Architectural salvage and you would like to participate we would love to have you in the show. You can download an application here or contact us. Please indicate in the special requests section you would like to be placed in the Vintage Alley Section.
Peenstra Art & Antique Appraisals -TBA
Saturday & Sunday ONLY
ONE item per ticket holder
Just cleaned out grandma's attic and not sure what to do with that bronze statue or old book? Bring it along and ask Todd Peenstra of Peenstra Art & Antique Appraisals to give you a free appraisal of its value. He will be joining us both Saturday and Sunday at the front of the hall to survey your unique treasures!
Todd Peenstra is a nationally known antiques and art appraiser. He specializes in handling personal property appraisals for estate settlements, divorces, tax donations, estate planning, estate disbursement and insurance issues He lives locally in Annapolis helping attorneys, CPA’s, and banks settle estates, divorces, tax donations, and many other legal and estate situations by examining appraising the personal property, as well as dispensing advice on selling, or donations to his clients. Todd will be on hand offering free appraisals, consultations, and advice on anything you might own including but not limited to furniture, glass, porcelain, paintings, silver, bronze, coins, toys, documents, etc. So bring in anything you are curious about and would like Todd to examine. Obviously, he will do this for free! Basically he can evaluate anything you have in your home. Of course, you can always bring an image of the piece in questions (for instance, if it is a piece of furniture too big for you to bring in person) It will be your own personal “scavenger hunt” through your personal possessions.
Due to demand only 1 item per ticket holder please. You can arrange for Todd to evaluate more items if time permits.
- David Paulhaus of Fanto Antiques will be exhibiting and selling a military appointment letter signed by President Abraham Lincoln and EM Stanton, Secretary of War from 1864. This unique 24 x18 framed letter is printed on the original presidential velum paper and professionally framed and sealed in a beautiful archival presentation. Selling price $12,500.00. be sure to stop by to see this treasure in booth 386
- Deborah Berube of Antiques to Mid-Century Modern, booth 395, has an unique oil painting from William Lawrence Bottomley 1883-1951, who was a famous architect with 186 commissions, 40% of them located in Virginia, and eleven properties on the national historic register, 8 of them in Richmond. This painting dates about 1909 and is probably of St. Sevrin Paris. Few of his paintings are known to exist.
- Maxine Wolfe Shapiro of Maxine Wolf Shapiro Fine Antiques (Booth 288) has just acquired an unusual set of 1970 aluminum living room furniture from designer Russel Woodard. She also has several rare vintage Chanel bags, and a 1965 Pinshell table.
- Meg Childers has located some very unusual Danish Modern pieces ranging from an unusual Cherner pretzel chair made by Plycraft, (which was featured on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post in 1961), a Dansk teak ice bucket by designer Jens Quistgaard, a set of Swedish horses, a Stig Lindberg faience leaf bowl and a fantastic pair of Rena Rosenthal candlesticks. Come visit Meg in booth 393.
- Be sure to stop by to see Vintage Studios by John Lane in booth 340. John has been featured on Good Morning America for his "artistic recycling" and his wonderful ironwork tables and decorative pieces! John has an incredible talent for taking rusty architectural salvage pieces and turning them into beautiful home pieces that have graced the cover of magazines!
- Mother and daughter team Dottie Martz and Carol Buck of Have Brush Will Travel have restored many old pieces like an 1880 sled, a 1936 fire screen, and a 1940 drum table and then added beautiful decorative painting to them! Their booth will be packed with an amazing array of hand painted antique and vintage pieces. You can find them in booth 307
- Liea Spano of L&S Antiques and Collectibles (booth 345) has a wonderful collection of very large vintage wood corbels that have been salvaged from several Victorian houses.
For those antique heirlooms or other treasured items needing some serious TLC, the Virginia Beach Antiques Show will also feature restoration specialists.
- Art Glass of Tidewater offering crystal and glass repair services, and Italian artistic restorer
- Alessandro Emanuel of Hampton Restorations will offer furniture restoration services, as well as demonstrating old world french polishing technique.
- Whimsical Visions of Virginia Beach, VA will offer antique frame restoration and repair services including new casting, scallop replacement and re-gilding. They also offer expert photograph, watercolor and pastel repair services. Show attendees may bring their individual pieces for evaluation and/or restoration.
Photo before & after restoration
Organizers, Events Management Group, Inc., demand profoundly strict standards from their jury-selected dealers. They strive to deliver the highest-quality show and best antiques experience for novice buyers to the advanced collector.
Since 1967, discriminating collectors, interior designers and curious local shoppers look forward to their annual visit, anxious to discover that perfect antique treasure to add to their collection.